Cherries and pork chops sure are a winning combination. Especially here in Traverse City, the cherry capital of the world! Sour or sweet cherries both make this dish delicious. Make sure you get out picking our local pride and store some cherries in the freezer for those winter nights. This recipes is a perfect combo of sweet 'n tangy.
- 2 Smoked Uncured Pork Chops-order HERE (Boneless pork chops* would also work and can be ordered HERE)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 cup sour cherries, pitted and chopped or chopped in food processor (sweet cherries also work just reduce sugar)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (honey can be used also)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (increase if using fresh)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt
- dash of black pepper
- Heat smoked pork chops in pan, once heated remove and place on plate.
- Melt butter with juice from pork and cook shallots for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cherries and brown sugar.
- Add balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes to reduce sauce slightly.
- Add pork chops back to pan to warm
- Serve pork chop with sauce on top with vegetable of choice and enjoy!
*If using regular pork chops or boneless pork chops, salt and pepper the chop. Pork chop can be cooked in oven or grill to 125º and finished in pan.