Stuffed Lamb Burgers
July 12, 2021 • 0 comments
We are taking lamb burgers up a notch with this recipe that you will for sure want to try! Stuffed with mozzarella with the sweetness of preserves and peppery taste of arugula makes this recipe so delicious.
- 1-1.3 lbs Up North Heritage Farm Ground Lamb (Order HERE)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 slices of fresh mozzarella (You can find it at most stores/costco sliced in a log)
- fresh arugula. (Ours is from a favorite local farm Undertoe Farm)
- apricot preserves or jam/preserves of choice (fig or dates jam would work)
- Balsamic Vinegar (I highly recommend Fustini's Riserva - find it HERE)
- brioche buns
- Mix salt, garlic powder and pepper with ground lamb.
- Divide meat into 3 equal parts.
- Form meat into patties around 1 slice of mozzarella. Make sure it is sealed around cheese.
- Cook the meat on the grill or over medium on the stovetop. Cook until desired doneness, 145º F is medium rare, 160º F is medium, 170º F is well done. An instant read meat thermometer is your friend!
- Throw the buns on the grill the last minute to heat up and place the lamb burger on the bun when done.
- Top with a dollop of apricot preserves, a handful of arugula and top with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.