March 8, 2021 • 0 comments
These slow cooker carnitas are not only delicious but easy too. Although they are not your traditional carnitas they are packed with flavor and perfect for Taco Tuesday, or any day of the week. Carnitas pair perfectly with Sauvignon Blanc wine. We recommend Ode Sauvignon Blanc by BOS Wine.
- 1 Mangalitsa Pork Roast- Order HERE
- 1 tbsp olive oil or desired oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped (deseeded)
- 4-5 cloves garlic- minced
- 2-3 oranges- juiced or ¾ cup orange juice
- Pat dry the roast and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine olive oil, cumin and oregano and rub all over the roast.
- Place pork in a slow cooker. Top with onion, jalapeno, garlic and orange juice.
- Slow cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- When pork is tender enough to shred remove from slow cooker and let cool slightly, then shred.
- Stain remaining liquid in slow cooker.
To Crisp: (don’t skip this step)
- Heat one tbsp. oil over high in skillet. Spread shredded pork in the pan and pour over the juices.
- Wait until the juices evaporate and the bottom side is golden brown and crusty. Don't overcrowd the pan and do in 2 batches if necessary.
- Just before serving drizzle an remaining juice over pork. Serve with your favorite taco fixings or with nachos.
- Pair with Sauvignon Blanc, we suggest Ode Sauvignon Blanc or Soda Creek Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc by BOS Wine. Find more about BOS wine HERE