Our friend brought this red cabbage dish to the beach one night and it paired perfectly with our Polish Sausage Links. It is a great dish to enjoy all year. Make these sausages on the grill and add the red cabbage on top of a bun or make them all in one pot. Add some potatoes and you have the perfect hearty dinner.
- 1 Package Polish Sausage Links - order HERE
- 2 tablespoons lard or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 red cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 rounded tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil and polish sausages and cook.
- Remove from pan and add onion and saute 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage and turn in pan, sauteing it until it wilts, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar to the pan and turn the cabbage in it.
- Sprinkle sugar over the cabbage and turn again.
- Season with mustard seed, salt and pepper and reduce heat a bit.
- Let cabbage continue to cook 10 minutes or until ready to serve, stirring occasionally.