Creamy Sweet Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup
February 25, 2021 • 0 comments
We recently made the MOST DELICIOUS soup with our Mangalitsa Sweet Italian Sausage, fresh tortellini, and kale. It was super quick and easy (30 minutes for a soup? Yes, please!), and all four of us loved it!
• 1lb Mangalitsa Sweet Italian sausage, ground
• 1 onion, minced
• 6 garlic cloves, minced
• 1-quart chicken stock (make your own if you can, if not, store-bought is fine)
• 1 (14 oz can) crushed tomatoes (diced work too)
• 2 tbsp tomato paste
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 bunch kale, stems removed, and pieces chopped (Substitute Spinach if desired)
• 1 (10 oz) bag cheese tortellini, fresh (not dried)
• 1 cup heavy cream
• shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
• red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the sausage, onions, and garlic to the pot and sauté for about 5 minutes (until the onions are soft and translucent).
3. Add the chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, and tomato paste. Stir until it is all combined.
4. Bring to a boil, season with salt, then simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the kale, tortellini, and heavy cream.
6. Simmer for 5-7 minutes until the kale is wilted and the pasta is tender.
7. Top with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, if desired.