- 1 beef chuck roast (2 to 4 lbs) Order HERE
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (or 4 Tbsp Chipotle sauce)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken or beef broth
- Place roast and bay leaves in slow cooker.
- Place the remaining ingredients minus broth in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add broth; pulse to combine.
- Pour sauce over top or chuck roast.
- Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker, cool slightly. Discard bay leaves and skim fat from cooking juices(optional).
- Shred beef with 2 forks; return to slow cooker.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite fixings such as onion, cilantro, cheese and avocado.